I like to ponder over several things in life. Sometimes, my somewhat poetic attitude makes me "feel" the Truth in my heart and then I scribble down some notes. This is a similar collection of random thoughts. I don't know why someone would be interested in knowing "my" realizations in life.
Frankly, there is no specific purpose of putting these here. For, "realization" is a self-experience. No one can grant you realization. The search for the Truth is extremely personal experience. Anyway, since I have decided to write down my realizations as and they occur, I thought, why not put them on my homepage too?
I wish to put simple truths I learn in this journey as I feel their depth.
0. Heart has its reasons mind knows nothing of!
1. Not everything that can be counted counts and not everything that counts can be counted.
2. The best things in life are free. Always!!
3. What goes around comes around.
4. We reap what we sow.
5. We are free -- at every moment in life -- but we don't know what to do with the freedom.
6. Life is extremely fleeting -- Don't be sorry for your feelings. If you are, you are not true to yourself.
7. 100 Years from now it won't matter how fast you did the job, how much money you made* or how famous you became but how well you did the job, how many people benefited from it will matter much more.
(* it may matter depending on your perspective).
8. It takes 3 seconds to say 'I Love You' but it takes a lifetime to prove it.
9. You cannot expect anything from anyone -- you simply can't!
10. People change -- their priorities change. You cannot hold any grudges about the past.
11. You cannot hate a person -- you may hate the thinking, however.
12. The path of duty lies near and we search for it somewhere else.
14. If you want something, you have to find it yourself. Prize will not be delivered to your door. The best helping hand is at the end of your arms.
15. You can be both -- your best friend or worst enemy. What you want to be is upto you!
16. By lingering in the past or pondering over the future, we cannot make the present any better.
17. Life is an art of balancing getting what we deserve and deserving what we get. In the end we all get what we deserve.
18. Life will never be perfect. However, it is imperfections that make life beautiful.
19. All attempts to control a thought are futile -- you should simply let go.
Otherwise you get tormented in the process of controlling your thoughts.
20. Tomorrow never comes! If you want to do something constructive, do it NOW!
21. Beauty is more than skin deep. Everything is beautiful. Alas! we don't have the right eyes to see!
22. A friend is someone with you dare to be your true self. You don't have to pretend you like everything they do, you are always at ease with them. You don't have to say sorry for your feelings or thoughts if someone is really your friend.
23. Logic cannot explain everything, but so also emotions. It is okay sometimes not to understand why we act the way we do. Maybe, there are reasons but we don't have power to see.
24. Speak only when absolutely necessary and after your thought process is complete. What a terrible waste of words around!
25. Every day is a chance given to you to prove to the world what you are capable of doing. But you don't have to prove anything, it is not obligation.
26. Everything around us is a teacher -- learning is optional, though.
.... the list continues ....